![]() |
| Image :Facebook |
In a welcome turn of events, all 24 girls abducted from Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Maga in Kebbi State have been safely rescued, the Presidency announced on November 25, 2025.
The harrowing ordeal began on November 17, when armed bandits stormed the school dormitory in Maga town, Danko-Wasagu Local Government Area, shortly after a military detachment reportedly left the premises. The initial report had said 25 girls were abducted; one managed to escape that same day, leaving 24 who were eventually rescued.
The rescue was confirmed by Bola Tinubu through a statement by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga. “I am relieved that all the 24 girls have been accounted for,” the release read. “Now, we must as a matter of urgency put more boots on the ground in the vulnerable areas to avert further incidents of kidnapping.”
While the government did not disclose the exact details of how the rescue was carried out, the release was credited to a coordinated non-kinetic intervention by federal security agencies. � President Tinubu praised the security operatives’ swift response and urged sustained effort to protect vulnerable regions.
The release also comes amid a disturbing wave of similar mass kidnappings across Nigeria — including a separate abduction of over 300 students and staff from a school in Niger State earlier this month.
For families of the rescued girls — including those like Abdulkarim Abdullahi whose daughters (aged 12 and 13) were among the abducted — the news brought immense relief. “I am excited to receive the news of their freedom,” he said. “The past few days have been difficult for me and my family… but I can’t wait to see them in good health.”
Still, questions linger. Observers are asking whether this rescue will mark a turning point — or simply offer a brief respite in Nigeria’s long battle against school-kidnapping and banditry.
#KebbiSchoolgirls
#NigeriaNews
#EndBanditry
#SafeReturn
#BringThemHome
#SchoolSafety
#TinubuStatement
#NollywoodTimes

No comments:
Post a Comment